Admin Measure Summary
The Sacramento-San Joaquin Delta Conservancy develops and adopts processes for ownership and long-term operations and management of Sacramento-San Joaquin Delta and Suisun Marsh land acquired for conservation or restoration.
Delta Plan Strategy
Delta Plan Recommendation
ER R3. Complete and Implement Delta Conservancy Strategic Plan. As part of its Strategic Plan and subsequent Implementation Plan or annual work plans, the Delta Conservancy should:
- Develop and adopt criteria for prioritization and integration of large-scale ecosystem restoration in the Delta and Suisun Marsh, with sustainability and use of best available science as foundational principles.
- Develop and adopt processes for ownership and long-term operations and management of land in the Delta and Suisun Marsh acquired for conservation or restoration.
- Develop and adopt a formal mutual agreement with the Department of Water Resources, California Department of Fish and Wildlife, federal interests, and other State and local agencies on implementation of ecosystem restoration in the Delta and Suisun Marsh.
- Develop, in conjunction with the Wildlife Conservation Board, the Department of Water Resources, California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Bay Delta Conservation Plan implementers, and other State and local agencies, a plan and protocol for acquiring the land necessary to achieve ecosystem restoration consistent with the coequal goals and the Ecosystem Restoration Program Conservation Strategy.
- Lead an effort, working with State and federal fish agencies, to investigate how to better use habitat credit agreements to provide credit for each of these steps:(1) acquisition for future restoration; (2) preservation, management, and enhancement of existing habitat; (3) restoration of habitat; and (4) monitoring and evaluation of habitat restoration projects.
- Work with the California Department of Fish and Wildlife and the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service to develop rules for voluntary safe harbor agreements with property owners in the Delta whose actions contribute to the recovery of listed threatened or endangered species.